Sunday, October 19, 2008

look what i bought

this my friends is a spider catcher. i am irrationally afraid of spiders. i cannot even play with fake plastic spiders during the 'minibeast' topic at school. i cannot bring myself to kill them or catch them, choosing instead to quake in fear if a see one. but those days are past me now!

you simply pull the trigger which opens up the plastic bristles at the other end. you place the bristles over the spider and release the trigger. the spider is caught and easily released outside as the bristles hold but don't squish. and it's all at arms length.

they give you a fake plastic spider to practice on, but i threw it out as i didn't like it. so i practised on my snail door stop. luckily i haven't had to use this on a real spider yet but i know there are 3 big ones lurking somewhere in the depths, i've seen them.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

That is hilarious that they give you a fake spider for practice. I think Kevin Smith mentioned having this on his podcast.

Me, I just suck them up with the vacuum if they're too big.

robyn. said...

the vacuum tactic is a good one. it doesn't work for me as mine is a bit cumbersome and shut away in a closet. when i go off to get it, the spider has disappeared when i return.

i love my spider catcher even more now that i know kevin smith may have one!