Thursday, October 30, 2008

i don't know if this really worked

lydia is always posting pictures of her yummy, pastry school treats on her flickr. this lemony pinwheel caught my eye.

i don't think mine turned out all that well. the first major difference is lydia made her own puff pastry and i used the ready made puff pastry in my freezer. lydia made her own lemon filling, i used the blueberry and cherry jam in my fridge. lydia sprinkled hers with course sugar, i had none. my attempt wasn't never going to win out.

i enjoyed making these though, the geometry is pleasing, and by using all the ready made bits these took me about 5 minutes from start to finish.

they could have used a few more minutes on the oven as the centres, under the jam was a little doughy still. and my cherry jam was apparently too runny and didn't stay in the middle. my next try will be more successful...i'll keep you updated.

these were pretty tasty even with the runny jam and slightly under cooked centres.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

I think they look pretty good! I'm impressed! I didn't make my own filling though, it was from a bucket. We don't use jam in fillings because it's too sweet. Next time try some lemon curd and get the coarse sugar, it's just nicer.