Wednesday, January 28, 2009

sometimes, my job is not so cool

i hate kids. they are carriers of disease.

i am never more than 3 meters away from someone infected with something; ringworm, lice, chicken pox, cold, flu, throwing up, pink eye...

i have ringworm. again. i get to twice daily, slather jock itch cream on a red ring the size of a 20p on my arm.

it was only a matter of time, there are at least 6 children at any one time in my class who are festered with it and i would guess that only 2/6 are actually being treated properly for it. and of course i get it, i cannot get away from the little buggers. 21 four year olds are constantly around me - under me, beside me, climbing me, clinging to me, dancing near me, walking into me, sitting on me, coughing and/or sneezing in my mouth/face. that last one happens more than you'd think.

i count myself lucky i've never had nits, that would be the worst. but ring worm is a close second in the scale of horrible gross-ness.

No comments: