Tuesday, August 22, 2006

home, home on the range...

where the otters and the blue heron play...

yes, i'm home. back to the tap water that doesn't make me gag. back to roads that are wide enough for 3 cars when only 2 travel down. back to the smell of ocean and seaweed.

spending a hot, sunny week in parksville a few days after arriving did wonders for the jet lag! napping on the beach is the way forward. i've put up some pictures in my picasa web album...a new way to post my pictures to the web (link on the right, mum). if you have a digital camera i highly suggest using picasa for your organisational, storage, and emailing needs. it's free and from google.

my week in edinburgh was the most fun i've had in a long while, it may just be one of my favourite cities. the fringe is something everyone should do...check out the pictures on 23, if you like.

i've also finally posted some of the pictures from play on flickr.

1 comment:

Allan Lewis said...

Edinburgh is, definitely, the best city in Britain :)

I had a great time too. I saw 11 shows and an exhibition in my 5 days, and found some friends I didn't even know were going to Edinburgh! It gets better every year for me (and more expensive) and each year just makes me more certain that I want to go again the following year. If I'm a bit more financially stable next year (unlikely, but I'm an optimist) then I might go for the whole 3 1/2 weeks, or at least 2 weeks. I can't see anywhere near the amount of stuff I want to see in 5 days!

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it (and those photos are great!).